netCDF to Vis5D+

mmacleod@scotiaweather.com mmacleod at SCOTIAWEATHER.COM
Mon Sep 22 19:29:11 EDT 2008

Luke Garde wrote:

> Dear GrADS colleagues:
>

> This may not be the correct forum to ask this question, but has anyone
> had any success in converting netCDF files to the Vis5D (Vis5D+)
> format? I have tried converting netCDF to GrADS binaries, however I am
> still unable to open them with the Vis5D importer (via a .ctl file).
>

> Is there any scope for 3D visualisation in GrADS 2.0?
>

> Does anyone have any thoughts or scripts which can guide me in the
> right direction?
>

> Many thanks
>
> Cheers
>
> Luke
>

> *************************************
>
> Luke Garde
>
> PhD Candidate
>
> School of Earth Sciences
>
> McCoy Building, room 330
>
> The University of Melbourne
>
> Victoria, 3010,  Australia
>

> Phone: +61 3 8344 9669
>
> Email: l.garde at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au <mailto:l.garde at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au>
>
>        l.garde at bom.gov.au <mailto:l.garde at bom.gov.au>
>

> *************************************

Dear Luke.

We have not worked with Vis5D+ to date but plan to.  However, a simple
Internet seach found this link:
http://vis5d.sourceforge.net/doc/ch02sec2.html.

It indicates that Vis5D+ will read netcdf files if you have the netcdf
library installed when you compiled the Vis5D+ code.

My helping hand to this hour.

Good luck.

Regards,

Mac