Memory optimization (was Re: Performance tuning)

Stefan Gofferje gradsusers at GOFFERJE.HOMELINUX.ORG
Thu Sep 18 14:19:15 EDT 2008

Resending this after getting an error that I sent this twice although I
didn't send it twice... Strange...

Hi,

Wesley Ebisuzaki schrieb:
>   $WGRIB2 ${FILENAME} -small -60:100 43:90 -grib_out ${FILENAME}.extracted
>
> This command line makes the grid smaller which reduces the memory
> requirements.  It uses
> grib1-style packing (default).  Note that -small is still beta (please
> test first) and you
> will need new control files.

I just downloaded wgrib2 from NCEP. There is no -small option.
Is it -ijsmall_grib or -small_grib?

Currently, there is a rendering in progress. I'll upload the changes
after the current rotation is finished and let it run with the 2300UTC
rotation as a test.

About the control file... I anyway call g2ctl after wgrib2, so that
shouldn't be a problem, right?

Terve,
Stefan

--