Plotting MOS parameters in GrADS

Dan Leins theedge981 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 18 14:16:02 EDT 2008

All,

I would like to use GrADS to plot data from the MOS grib files found on the
NWS web server (ftp://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/SL.us008001/DF.gr1/DC.mos/). When
downloading these files and viewing their inventory through wgrib and
grib2ctl.pl, it looks like it's mapping the parameters incorrectly. I know
fields like longwave radiation flux aren't included in these files, but I'm
guessing that wgrib just doesn't know what's what in these MOS files. Does
anyone have any idea how I can view the inventory properly so I can actually
plot what's contained in the file?  I don't even know what grib numbers
correspond to what parameters.

The data are in grib1 format by the way.

Thanks,
Dan