X11 libraries needed for buidling GrADS v1.9 & v2.0x

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Wed Sep 10 13:28:03 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:09:43PM -0500, P.Romero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just curious what are the MINIMUM set of X11 libraries needed to build
> either version of GrADS?
>

> Also, this might be a stupid question, but I need this confirmed:  Is it
> even necessary to install the full-blown X Window system in order to simply
> run GrADS remotely, using ssh w/ X11 forwarding? Up until know, Ive simply

No, it shouldn't.

On my fedora, there are the following deps for grads:

libX11.so.6
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.7)
libdap.so.8
libgcc_s.so.1
libgd.so.2
libjpeg.so.62
libm.so.6
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
libnc-dap.so.3
libncurses.so.5
libnetcdf.so.4
libpng12.so.0
libreadline.so.5
libstdc++.so.6
libz.so.1

So
   yum install libX11.so.6
should be enough on the X11 side. If you have a redhat/centos version
with monolithic X it should work too. The soname dependencies are like
that on a centos 4:

libX11.so.6
libc.so.6
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)