A Friday nut

Bernd Becker bernd.becker at METOFFICE.GOV.UK
Fri Oct 24 11:26:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to reconstruct a time series from little chunks
of a larger time series. And it doesn't work.
I cannot break the association of the data with their time-dimension.

(it is an old problem and I shouldn't really do it etc.)

here it goes:
ga->  set t 1 20819

ga-> define tmax=data*0.01
Define memory allocation size = 166552 bytes
ga-> set t 1 32
Time values set: 1950:1:1:0 1950:2:1:0
ga-> define t1=tmax
Define memory allocation size = 256 bytes
ga-> set t 366 398
Time values set: 1951:1:1:0 1951:2:2:0
ga-> define t2=tmax
Define memory allocation size = 264 bytes
ga-> set t 1095 1460

ga-> define t3=tmax
Define memory allocation size = 264 bytes

ga-> set t 1 1000
Time values set: 1950:1:1:0 1952:9:26:0

ga-> d t1
ga-> d t2
ga-> d t3

plots 3 chunks, fine.

I want to tie the chunks together to a new time series,
where t2 begins at the end of t1 and t3 begins at the end of t2.

How can I do that?

Thanks,
Bernd.

--
Bernd Becker   The Monthly Outlook
Met Office  FitzRoy Road  Exeter   Devon EX1 3PB  United Kingdom