grads_executable options

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 23 17:43:17 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:56 AM, John 2004 <john2004y at nuist.edu.cn> wrote:

> HI
>   Can anybody tell me what is the exact mean of "grads -u"?
> I can't find in the http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdgrads.html,
> but the PHP Interface to GrADS has use this option. And does it work only
> after 1.9 version?
>  John

The "-u" option was introduced to enable interface from other languages such
as perl, python, tcl and php; it is not intended for the end-user.  In a
nutshell, it disables readline, turns off buffering of stdio/stdin, and
writes out the error condition associated with each command issued to grads.
This option first appeared in 1.9.0-rc1 and all version 2.0 releases; it
does not work with v1.9b4 and earlier. (The name of the option "-u" was
based on the unix cat command which has a similar -u option.)

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu