PYGRADS anyone?

Kevin M Levey klevey at CUSTOMWEATHER.COM
Wed Nov 26 12:22:50 EST 2008

WED 26NOV08: 0915PST

Dear GRADS users

I was wondering if anyone in the GRADS community has or is using
Arlindo da Silva's PYGRADS on a regular basis? I hate to bug poor
Arlindo all the time, but I would be keen to get some feedback from
those using PYGRADS to generate plots, not interactively, but using
grads scripts run in batch mode from shell scripts. I have no problem
creating images (with blue marble backgrounds) etc interactively, but
I would like some guidance as to how to convert my existing GRADS GS
scripts and run these form the command line in batch mode. There is no
information regarding this on the current PYGRADS WIKI pages that
Arlindo has set up.

The reason for wanting to use this version of GRADS is that I would
prefer to create plots with the blue marble basemap all within the
same script, and not have to use imagemagick to merge GRADS plots with
pre-existing topo basemaps.

Anyone who has mastered PYGRADS etc, and who is willing to give me a
few pointers, I'd appreciate the tips and help!

Thanks!

Regards

Kevin M Levey, MSc in Oceans and Atmospheric Sciences (University of
Cape Town)
Director of Meteorological Operations
CustomWeather, Inc.
San Francisco, California, USA