libtermcap problem

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at NOAA.GOV
Mon Nov 17 13:59:26 EST 2008

John,

John_Bacon wrote:
> Dear Grads users
> Having reinstalled grads after an upgrade I am having difficulty in
> running wgrib as it cannot load libtermcap.so.2.
The simple answer is to get a fresh copy of the wgrib source code and
recompile.

   get code from ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wd51we/wgrib/wgrib.c
   $ gcc -o wgrib -O2 wgrib.c

However, I am not sure why the grads' distribution of wgrib gives a
problem while grads doesn't.

      Wesley Ebisuzaki