Time-Height diagrams

Luke Garde l.garde at PGRAD.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Thu May 15 21:06:24 EDT 2008

Dear GRADS colleagues:

I am currently attempting to create a time-height diagram which tracks the
centre of a cyclone given latitude/longitude coordinates. So far I have been
able to define an area average (2deg square) focussed on the centre of the
tracked cyclone for each time step, but my problem is due to the fact that
each time step represents a different lat/lon centre position. I am unsure
how I can interpolate between what are basically several 1-dimensional
vertical profiles to create this vertical cross section.

Does anyone have any thoughts which can guide me in the right direction, or
has anyone had success with such a task?

Many thanks

Cheers

Luke

*************************************