Comparison between two files with different resolution

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Wed May 14 11:23:56 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Arlindo Meque <mequitomz at yahoo.com.br>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to do a comparison between   GFS products (1X1 degree of
> resolution) and RFE products (0.1X0.1 degree resolution).  I do not know how
> to decrease the resolution of RFE products to 1X1 as GFS.

Your best bet would be use use the extension re() or the older regrid2()
UDF  with the box-averaging method. Documentation for re() is here:

   http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/re/

None of these are yet available with GrADS v2. The built in lterp() function
in GrADS v2 will very likely introduce aliasing when going to a much lower
resolution, so I'd not recommend it.

  Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva