Non Default contour map

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Mon May 12 07:42:47 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Luis Aimola <luis.aimola at weizmann.ac.il>
wrote:

> Dear GRADS colleagues:
>
> I need to display another contour for the continents for the LGM time and
> to show the prognostic variables over this new background. I know don't
> display the GRADS default contour map for the actual continents (set mpdraw
> off) but I don't know how to get display  a new contour as a backgournd. I
> have as output from my model the new land contour in the binary file format.
> Is possible superpose both images? That means: to superpose the image of my
> prognostic variable (e. g. Precipitation) over the LGM contour of the
> continents?
> How to do that?
> I will be very gratefull if someone can help me.

The Shapefile extension

     http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/shape/

allows you to display continent outlines available as shapefiles. I am not
sure what you mean by "LGM contour of the continents" but if this is
available as a shapefile, you can could do something like

ga-> set mpdraw off
ga-> display model_variable
ga-> shape_lines lgm_map

This feature requires GrADS  v1.9.0-rc1 with the latest OpenGrADS
extensions. Look at the page above for additional information. You can
donwload this software from:

   http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773

  Good Luck,

     Arlindo