GradsGUI

Paolo Coccimiglio coccimiglio at IBIMET.CNR.IT
Mon May 12 06:12:41 EDT 2008

Arlindo,

many thanks.

I've done all you seggested and now it seems working even if a warning message still appears:
"Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset".

Paolo

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Arlindo da Silva
  To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
  Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 8:16 PM
  Subject: Re: GradsGUI

  On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Paolo Coccimiglio <coccimiglio at ibimet.cnr.it> wrote:

    Hi guys!

    I'm starting with GRADSGUI first time and I get Warnings and Error messages
    like this:

    Warning: Cannot convert string "7x13" to type FontStruct
    Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
    GUI Error: could not get font -*-helvetica-bold-o-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-*

    If i try to work with any file i get font error messages.
    I have already installed XMing and its fonts.

    Could anyone help me please?

  By default Win32 GrADS will be using the  Xming that came  with it, unless you disable it.  Here is the *simplest* thing you can do to get it working:

  0) Make sure Xming is not running

  1) Remove or rename the Xming directory under C:\GrADS19

  2) Copy or move your c:\Program Files\Xming to C:\GrADS19

  3) Reboot to be 100% sure (may not be necessary but never hurts)

    Your new fonts should work now.  Step 2) is not really necessary, but if you keep Xming under C:\Program Files you will need to start it yourself and manually set the DISPLAY environment variable.

             Arlindo

  --
  Arlindo da Silva
  dasilva at alum.mit.edu