GradsGUI

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Fri May 9 14:16:39 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 6:15 AM, Paolo Coccimiglio <coccimiglio at ibimet.cnr.it>
wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> I'm starting with GRADSGUI first time and I get Warnings and Error messages
> like this:
>
> Warning: Cannot convert string "7x13" to type FontStruct
> Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
> GUI Error: could not get font -*-helvetica-bold-o-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-*
>
> If i try to work with any file i get font error messages.
> I have already installed XMing and its fonts.
>

> Could anyone help me please?

By default Win32 GrADS will be using the  Xming that came  with it, unless
you disable it.  Here is the *simplest* thing you can do to get it working:

0) Make sure Xming is not running

1) Remove or rename the Xming directory under C:\GrADS19

2) Copy or move your c:\Program Files\Xming to C:\GrADS19

3) Reboot to be 100% sure (may not be necessary but never hurts)

  Your new fonts should work now.  Step 2) is not really necessary, but if
you keep Xming under C:\Program Files you will need to start it yourself and
manually set the DISPLAY environment variable.

           Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu