grads 2.0.a2 with ncdf

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Fri May 9 14:03:40 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 9:39 AM, ml <Malgorzata.Liszewska at imgw.pl> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am trying to install the new Grads 2.0.a2 version on my computer
> (Ubuntu 7.10 \n \l Linux 2.6.22-14-generic i686).
> I compiled the supplibs - it created a new directory
> i686-pc-linux-gnu  ( bin  etc  include  info  lib  man  share)
> include contains:
> curl  grib2c  hdf5    jpeg    libsx    ncurses  netcdf4   szlib    X11
> gd    hdf     jasper  libpng  libxml2  netcdf   readline  udunits  zlib
>
> I made:
> export SUPPLIBS=/home/ml/UTL/supplibs-2.0.1/i686-pc-linux-gnu
> and configured grads with the result:

Although the supplibs-2.0.1 have all the pieces you need to build GrADS v2,
the current build mechanism in v2 does not work with it "out of the box".
(In designing the supplibs-2.x.x I reorganized the directories slightly for
robustness and ease of maintenance.)

I have made available to COLA patches for v2.0.a0 and v2.0.a1 that made
GrADS v2 build transparently with the OpenGrADS supplibs (along with patches
needed for a Windows version), but these mods were never incorporated. I am
not sure whether they were unacceptable to COLA or whether they haven't had
a chance to look into it given their other pressing priorities.  I am yet to
apply these patches to v2.0.a2.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva