grads-2.0.a1 segmentation fault

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Thu May 1 14:19:15 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Matt Alonso <matt.alonso at gmail.com> wrote:

> Was anyone ever able to find a solution to this issue?  I think I am
> experiencing a similar problem using gradsnc v1.9b4.  I have a 13MB netCDF
> file (samples can be found here,
> http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/db_search/DBListFiles.pl?did=34&tid=20349&vid=1246)
> which contains Reanalysis rainfall rate data.

I took one of these files, started gradsnc

Config: v1.9.0-rc1 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats athena
printim
Built Tue Mar 18 14:11:08 EDT 2008 for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

and entered this:

ga-> sdfopen prate.sfc.gauss.2007.nc
ga-> set t 1 365
ga-> set gxout shaded
ga-> d prate

and I got a nice animation.  (I also repeated this with an i686 build of
1.9.0-rc1). I did a top and didn't see any memory usage problem either
(usually this happens with templates).

  What is your platform?

         Arlindo

--