Draw wxsymbols from model data

martynas kazlauskas mkzv at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 17 06:03:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

I think it's not the answer that you are expecting
but..

I once got fed up with the graphical quality of GrADS
weather symbols that are standard, and started using
IM combined with GrADS to put symbols on the image.
E.g.
http://fedho.com/image/view/24958

That's from GFS by the way. So I think that rain drops
and snowflakes can be replaced by weather symbols here
as well, but I'm using Grads for ploting the intensity
fields and defining the areas where the symbols should
be overlayed only in this case (according to the
precipitation type).

Martynas

--- Stefan Gofferje

http://profi.wetteronline.de/url/daten/profi/de/2008/03/16/basis12/dede/rart_08031618_1612.gif?6718ce6b44413563b4b716eaf5a57d94