GrADS on Vista

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 14 13:54:24 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Steven Weiss <sweiss at iafrica.com> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I installed 1.8 a little while back on Vista. I got it to work quite
> nicely
> but not without some trouble.
>
> I had cygwin installed and their was some conflict. What I had to do was
> copy the latest version of cygwin1.dll into the grads win32e directory and
> also ensure that nothing in my environment PATH pointed to the cygwin
> directory.

This is the reason why I now include a light weight tarball  which does not
contain any of the DLLs provided with a cygwin installation (
grads-1.9.0-rc1-bin-i686-pc-cygwin.tar.gz).  I hope this have removed the
conflicts (at the expense of requiring a bit more setup).

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu