GrADS on Vista

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 14 13:48:40 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Jonathan Smith <jwsmith9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am having trouble downloading and installing Win32e Version 1.8SL11 to
> my Windows Vista operating System. Is there a GrADS version out there that
> is more compatible with Windows Vista?  It does not appear that I need at
> XServer.    I have tried to ask for pointers on this GrADS e-mail list
> serve, but I never receive  correspondence.  Please e-mail me back with any
> ideas that you can give me.

My latest win32 build is the v1.9.0-rc1 available on sf.net:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773&package_id=182392&release_id=571772

Get the "win32_superpak.exe". Installation instructions and troubleshooting
can be found here:

http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_GrADS_on_Microsoft_Windows

Keep in mind that this is not an official version supported by COLA. It is
meant as a "release candidate" enabling the http://opengrads.org extensions.

      Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva