Trajectory plot

Michel dos Santos Mesquita mmeclimate at MAC.COM
Wed Mar 12 00:44:33 EDT 2008

Dear Grads' Users,

I am new to GrADS and I would like to make a plot of different storm
trajectories. Each storm is defined by a set of lat and lon values.
Normally, I do that using Matlab or NCL, but I would like to use GrADS
this time, since my other plots are in GrADS. I have searched your
website/mailing list and I found the command "draw line", with which I
could plot a line using the x/y position of the storm center. My
questions are:

1) Is there a function to convert my lat/lon data to the x/y positions
of the plot in GrADS?

2) If I use 'draw line' to each segment of a storm trajectory, how can
I smooth that trajectory in the end?

3) Is 'draw line' the only function for plotting trajectories ?

I would like to thank you so much in advance!

Kindest regards,

Michel Mesquita
http://web.mac.com/mmeclimate