Missing DLL for sed utility in grads-1.9.0rc1 win32 superpack

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 7 17:58:33 EST 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Eric Altshuler <ela at cola.iges.org> wrote:

> I have found that the 'sed' utility included in the win32 superpack
> doesn't work because the DLL 'cygintl-3.dll' is not included in the
> package. Also as Stephen McMillan pointed out, the dos2unix (and unix2dos)
> commands don't work because cygpopt-0.dll is also missing. I haven't
> tested all the utilities but it would be good to have all the necessary
> DLL's included in the superpack.

Will do in next week's release.  It is hard for me to caught this errors
because I have a full cygwin environment on my development machine. Can you
run through all the *.exe in the win32/ directory and let me know of any
other missing DLL? I simple csh script like this might do it.

foreach exe ( *.exe )
 $exe -help
 if ( $status ) echo "++++++ check $exec"
end

BTW, is there any other Unix utility that you would like to see included?
The idea here is to make it easier to port GrADS scripts from Linux/Unix to
Windows.  Of course, I do not want to replicate a full Cygwin distro, but
can always include a couple more utilities.

      Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu