user defined extensions installing problems

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 4 09:49:23 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 8:07 AM, Teerth Absit <nyxg21 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Arlindo,
>
> Since this is a rather old thread, i just simply chose to email you
> directly regarding to the problem.
> You are right that i did not use your 'rc1' grads last time (it is a new
> thing to me, i thought simple grads should work with it).

It is stated clearly in the documentation under "requirements".

> I downloaded 'grads-1.9.0-rc1-bin-sparc-sun-solaris2.8.tar.tar' from your
> opengrads. but it did not run on my machine.  Here is the error:
> ***
> >./gradsnc
> ld.so.1: gradsnc: fatal: libXext.so.6.3: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed
> ***
>
> obviously it tried to link to a lib dynamically.
>
> Can you help with this?

Hoop may have some additional insight on this. It appears that you do not
have a compatible X11 client libraries.  Please send the results of  "uname
-a".

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva