How to convert netcdf NCEP winds to grib format

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 20 10:17:00 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Jayakrishnan PR <prjayakrishnan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Arlindo,
>       Thank you very much for your response. Here is my output of q config
>
> ga-> q config
> Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline printim
>
> Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4
> Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES
> Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA)
> Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
> This program is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY
> See file COPYRIGHT for more information.
>
> Built Wed Aug 22 17:58:44 EDT 2007 for i386-redhat-linux-gnu
>
> This version of GrADS has been configured with the following options:
>
>    o This is a 32-bit LITTLE ENDIAN machine version.
>    o Command line editing (readline) ENABLED.
>    o CIRES/CDC (http://www.cdc.noaa.gov) SDF/XDF interface DISABLED.
>      This version is NOT configured to read NetCDF/HDF-SDS files.
>    o DTYPE netcdf and DTYPE hdfsds are DISABLED.
>    o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) gridded data interface DISABLED.
>    o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) station data interface DISABLED.
>    o PCMDI (http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov) LATS interface DISABLED.
>      This version is NOT configured to write GRIB, NetCDF, or HDF-SDS
> files.
>    o DAO (http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov) Athena Widget GUI DISABLED.
>    o NRL/DAO/PCMDI XA or ImageMagick Image Output DISABLED.
>    o printim command for direct png/gif output ENABLED.
>      (via the GD Library -- http://www.boutell.com/gd)
>
> For additional information please consult http://grads.iges.org/grads/
>
> ga->

This is a VERY incomplete build. I'd suggest you upgrade to a more complete
build.

           Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva