cdiff

S.Amin amin at TROPMET.RES.IN
Thu Jun 19 08:48:42 EDT 2008

Dear all
   I wish to use grads function- cdiff for calculating
centered difference in time dimension. All other
3 dimensions (x,y and z) are not varying (fixed) as
it is to be calaculated for Sea surface temperature
averaged over North Bay of Bengal. since it
is SST, z is not varying and region averaged
so x and y are also fixed. I have given time
varying but error is
Error from CDIFF:  Specified dimension non varying
Operation Error:  Error from cdiff function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.

I noticed similar error for z dimension in grads
user archive.
Can anybody help to solve this problem?
Sujata Mandke
Scientist,Climate and Global Modeling Division
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
PUNE,INDIA.