Problem understanding set X and Y

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Tue Jun 10 07:43:41 EDT 2008

Once those grid coordinates are converted to world coordinates, check
the output from 'q dims' and you'll see fractional values for grid
dimensions in lat and lon. The fwrite code rounds these outwards, to
make sure that the data written out to file completely covers the
desired area. To overcome this problem, use the command 'set
fwex' (for 'set fwrite exact') right before  your 'set x' and 'set y'
commands, and GrADS will save the grid coordinates you specify and
will not convert them to world coordinates before invoking fwrite.
Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA