viewing NOAA bin files - question

Elizabeth Austin ecarter at WEATHEREXTREME.COM
Mon Jul 28 14:51:27 EDT 2008

Hello Grads Users,

I ordered some wind/wave data from the NOAA site:
http://hurricane.ncdc.noaa.gov/pls/plhas/HAS.FileAppSelect?datasetname=9957GRA

The files are .bin files and I am not sure how to view them in grads.
grib2ctl.pl does not work. Do I  need to use degrib or ? I am attaching
one of the files.

Also, on this same site, some of the data were .pcx files (I know what
these are but am unable to view them in ANY program, e.g., Quark,
Photoshop, Paint, picture viewer, illustrator, etc.). I am also
attaching one of these just on the off-chance that someone knows how to
view these files.

Thanks very much.
Elizabeth Austin

Elizabeth J. Austin, Ph.D., C.C.M.