Using Shape Files in GrADS

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Fri Jul 25 10:28:47 EDT 2008

Thanks for the update--I look forward to the build. Stephen

Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
07/24/2008 11:30 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Re: Using Shape Files in GrADS

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Stephen R McMillan
<smcmillan at planalytics.com> wrote:

> Arlindo,
> I'm not yet familiar with how to build from sources, but I appreciate
your
> mentioning that option.
>
> Regarding the usage syntax, did you mean shp_polyf instead of shp_polyg?

Yes, sorry for the typo.

>  Otherwise, what is "polyg" supposed to do? Also, in their present state
(on
> current version I'm using), both shp_polyf and shp_lines require either
1 or
> 3 arguments.

That was the bug. It should require 1 or 2.

If I try two args as in your example, I get the GrADS error
> "invalid number of arguments; need 1 or 3 but got 2". If this error is
> valid, then the user will need to know the following for proper use:
>
> Arg1        Shapefile name such as "admin98"
> Arg2        Presumably some object identifier, such as the "8" you
> mentioned. Also, how to determine the range of acceptable object
> identifiers.

When you plot the whole things it prints this out. It would be good to
add an option to query for this.

I'll see if I can get a build this weekend.

Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.