plotting error

Kanawade, V.P. vpk1 at LEICESTER.AC.UK
Tue Jul 1 18:06:30 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I am running GrADS on Windows vista. I am trying to plot 5 deg. gridded CO data at 150hPa level. I have created binary file (attached) and ctl file (attached). I am able to open ctl file but when try to plot data it gives me erro. I am unable to figure out whether there is problem with binary file or running GrADS on windows.

Any suggestion in this regard would be much appreciated. thank you in adv.

Please see below for error message -

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):  reinit
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
ga-> set display color white
ga-> c
ga-> open C:\GrADS19\data\CO150.ctl
Scanning description file:  C:\GrADS19\data\CO150.ctl
Data file grads.dat is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -60 55
LEV set to 1 1
Time values set: 1948:1:1:0 1948:1:1:0
ga-> query file 1
File 1 : land portion at 5 deg resolution
  Descriptor: C:\GrADS19\data\CO150.ctl
  Binary: grads.dat
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 72  Ysize = 24  Zsize = 1  Tsize = 1
  Number of Variables = 1
    co 1 99 elevation in m
ga-> d co
Low Level I/O Error:  Read error on data file
  Data file name = grads.dat
  Error reading 72 bytes at location 432
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'co'
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = co
ga->