Win32 Binaries in v1.9.0-rc1

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 30 00:32:11 EST 2008

All,
   For those of you interested in the Win32 build made available with GrADS
v1.9.0-rc1 I have compiled some notes here:

http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_GrADS_on_Microsoft_Windows

   Basically, most users will be interested in the "Win32 Superpack" which
requires no installation and includes all you need to run GrADS on Windows,
including the OpenGrADS extensions. For those of you working on a Cygwin
environment and preferring a more traditional Linux-like installation, this
is now a viable option as well.

   Initial feedback indicates that the "Win32 Superpack" appears robust. If
this remains the case a similar approach will be used to produce the first
Win32 builds for GrADS v2.

   Your feedback is greatly appreciated. In particular I'd like to hear
whether it works on older versions of Windows such as Windows 2000 and NT4,
even Win 9x. Notice that this will be last release that could potentially
support Win 9x.

   Thank you,

       Arlindo

--