GrADS 2.0.a0

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri Jan 25 16:56:37 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Glenn.Rutledge wrote:

> Thank you Jennifer -
> and COLA for these significant upgrades and keeping GrADS alive!
>
> We'll give it a trial run here.  Also-  will GDS be able to use
> this version (and the ability for the use of it w/ RedHat5)?
>
> Thanks much- for all all your support tot he community.  Glenn
Glenn,
I know NCDC will be among the early adopters. GrADS v2 should work
fine behind current version of the GDS as long as you:
1. Don't use 5D data sets
2. Alias the executable names when you point to your GrADS distro in
the gds.xml config file. GDS will be looking for the 1.9 names, so
you have to fool it into thinking it found them. Something like:

gradsc -> /usr/local/grads/2.0/grads*
gradsnc -> /usr/local/grads/2.0/grads*
gradshdf -> /usr/local/grads/2.0/grads*
gradsdods -> /usr/local/grads/2.0/gradsdap*

I have a development version of GDS 2.0 that will serve 5D data sets
and will start testing it at COLA pretty soon.

Jennifer