GrADS 2.0.a0

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri Jan 25 14:54:45 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008, at 2:07 PM, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Could it be possible to have an (maybe only read only) access on a
> version control system used for developping grads? It is very
> useful to
> be able to get the changes from you and rebase patches.
We plan to put the 2.0 src code under CVS at sourceforge, but haven't
had time to set that up yet.

> What do you want to be ported from opengrads? I think the python
> testing
> suite adapted to grads 2 would be very nice, and I also believe
> that the
> --enable-dyn-supplib and portability fixes would be convenient.
COLA has no python expertise, so we can't realistically support that
feature, although the required hooks are in our version. As for the -
enable-dyn-supplibs mods, I fully intend to put them into 2.0 but
just didn't have a chance before this release. We will put in the DLL
stuff too.

> Another question, will grads 2 use Arlindo supplibs?
I have not tested with Arlindo's suppibs tarball, but it should work
with one important exception: make sure you build HDF 4.2r2 with the
"--disable-netcdf" configure option. That is essential for linking
grads with libnetcdf.a, libdf.a, and libmfhdf.a.
Jennifer

-
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA