GrADS 2.0.a0

Alex Fierro iwonagain at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 25 14:39:17 EST 2008

Greetings:
Do you know if this new version of GRADS would finally have a command to
output data in text (ascii) format directly (as for fwrite -le..etc for
binaries). One more problem with GRADS binaries (either little or big
endian) is that they are not always compatible with free FORTRAN compilers (
e.g., g95,gfortran), so this improvement would be very welcome indeed !

Cheers,

Alex-

On Jan 25, 2008 1:07 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 11:51:58AM -0500, Jennifer Adams wrote:
> > At long last, GrADS 2.0.a0 is released!
> >
> > working well for us internally at COLA, and we feel the time is right
> > for a public release.
>
> Could it be possible to have an (maybe only read only) access on a
> version control system used for developping grads? It is very useful to
> be able to get the changes from you and rebase patches.
>
> > Please post comments and questions and bug reports here. As always, I
> > must be able to reproduce a problem on my own systems in order to fix
> > it, so keep that in mind when reporting bugs.
>
> What do you want to be ported from opengrads? I think the python testing
> suite adapted to grads 2 would be very nice, and I also believe that the
> --enable-dyn-supplib and portability fixes would be convenient.
>
> --
> Pat

Alexandre Fierro
PhD
School of Meteorology University of Oklahoma /
National Severe Storms Laboratory (NOAA)

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute, and its longer than any hour.
That's relativity."
                              -Albert Einstein-