looping a line plot

Ricardo Hallak hallak at MODEL.IAG.USP.BR
Tue Jan 15 09:41:35 EST 2008

Hi Sara,

an animation is make up of several individual figures. First, you have to
build the individual figures with GrADS (say, saving them in .gif or .jpg
formats). Second, the animation should be properly handled with an extra
program, any animation wizard program. You can use some freeware or
shareware program that will animate your sequence of figures and save it in
some animation format supported by Powerpoint (say, .avi).

You can start looking the internet for "gif animation" or something like
that.

Regards,
Ricardo

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:56:36 +0100, Rauscher Sara A wrote
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks, but that's not what I meant, I wasn't clear enough. I can
> plot a times series just fine - using 'define' plus 'set t 1 12'
> will give the same results as tloop. What I want to do is to create
> an animation, where the first frame of the animation would show the
> value for January, for example, and then with each frame a new month
> would be included in the curve, so that the annual cycle is animated
> (or is drawn gradually), it doesn't appear all at once.
>
> For example - see the movie at

http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/research/climate/highlights/images/ani/SahelPR_ANN5y
r_CM2Q_h1_A1B_6fps_720x480.mpg