How to display TOMS data?

brian vant-hull brianvanthull at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 6 11:11:49 EST 2008

The 'dat' extension is usually used for the binary
data, the 'ctl' extension is always used for the text
file that describes the binary data.  Look at the ctl
file Jayakrishnan sent you to get an idea how Grads
wants the data to be described.

 The documentation seems arcane if you start in the
middle, but if you start from the beginning (and skip
anything that isn't related to binary data at first)
it's really not bad.  Then try something and if it
doesn't work come ask!  There's also a good chance the
TOMS people already have ctl files written for the raw
data.

now.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ+>

> Jayakrishnan.P.R
> Junior Research Fellow
> Department of Atmospheric Sciences
> Cochin University of Science And Technology (CUSAT),
> Cochin-16
> Kerala, India.
> Mob: 09895417565

Brian Vant-Hull