How to display TOMS data?

Jayakrishnan PR prjayakrishnan at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 6 04:52:51 EST 2008

A ctl file or control file is a text file which describes the parameters and
format of the binary data used by grads. Only with a ctl file you are able
to plot a gridded binary data (except for some cases such as nc files). Here
I am attching a sample ctl file used for plotting binary data. You will be
able to plot nc files without a ctl file. It is by gradsnc. Kindly go
through the grads tutorial for a better undestanding.....
with best wishes....
 JKPR
On Jan 6, 2008 11:41 AM, baby liz <babyliz_leia at yahoo.com> wrote:

> May i know what kind of control file is dat?
>
> *brian vant-hull <brianvanthull at YAHOO.COM>* wrote:
>
> You'd probably be happier displaying the data in IDL
> if you're already doing the programming.
>
> If you must display in GrADS, you will need to write a
> 'control' file that describes the data. Look in the
> User's Guide under documentation on the home page.
> Once you've worked with that a bit, the group can help
> you with specific problems. But a blanket question
> like that has no simple answer and would take pages of
> reply. Get started with the documentation first.
>
> --- baby liz wrote:
>
> > Hie...
> > I'm working on my thesis involving TOMS data
> > which are in binary codes...I am supposed to use IDL
> > to do programming and sort out the binary
> > codes...Then, I would like to use GrADS to display
> > the data...May I know how can I do dat?Thanks...
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with
> > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
>

> Brian Vant-Hull
> 917-318-4481

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> now.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ+>

Jayakrishnan.P.R
Junior Research Fellow
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
Cochin University of Science And Technology (CUSAT), Cochin-16
Kerala, India.
Mob: 09895417565