Easterly waves tracks

Juan Matias Mendez Perez matias at TROPOSFERA.ATMOSFCU.UNAM.MX
Thu Feb 28 12:15:47 EST 2008

Hi GrADS users,

I'm trying to analyze easterly waves activity (1979-2006) over central
and western Atlantic Ocean and their impact on precipitation over
Mexico. I've used Hovmoller diagrams of filtered meridional wind at 700
mb to identify them. Now, I'd like to plot easterly waves tracks for the
period (climatology). I tried to implement tracking technique suggested
by Thorncroft and Hodges (2001) but without successful. Does anybody
have done this using GrADS?. What another technique do you suggest?.
Your suggestions are welcome!. I'd thank very much your help.

Regards,
Matias