Cnvgrib on FreeBSD?

Pierre Cassar cassar at PILOTBOOK.EU
Thu Feb 28 08:46:23 EST 2008

Hi all,
my name is Pierre and this is my first post to Gradsusr list.

I would like to use the NOAA/NCEP 'cnvgrib' software to convert GRIB2 files to GRIB1 format to use with Grads 1.8. Unfortunately I'm not a computer programmer so I don't know how to "compile" convgrib on my machine (i386 with FreeBSD 6.1).

I downloaded all the requested files from NCEP Central Operations site http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/codes/GRIB2/ and I read the "Build Instructions" but compile such a program is a very hard job for me.