Build Grads with dods 1.9.0-rc1 on Suse 10.3

Christian Marquardt marquardt.christian at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 26 18:07:26 EST 2008

Hmm.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Yes, kinda. I believe the netcdf routines are still there with a different
> (mangled) name. However, supplibs-2.0.1 contain a more recent version of
> hdf4. So far I've trying to keep the builds consistent across all the
> platforms (using same version of the libraries).

They (the HDF maintainers) changed the handling of the internal netcdf
library, if I remember correctly... In 2.0.1, you are using the newly
introduced --disable-netcdf so that it's not build any more (and
gradshdf can't be build for GrADS 1.9).In 2.0.0, the HDF-internal
netcdf is still build... Is there a reason why that has been disabled?
I thought that the setup of the supplibs as you use it allows for
different versions of, say, netcdf.

I've tried rebuilding the supplibs without disabling HDF's internal
netcdf, and GrADS 1.9 compiled absolutely fine (and passed all unit
tests) with the newer version. I didn't try grads 2.0, though. Could
one maybe support both with the same version of the supplibs?

  Christian.