Fast Downloading of GRIB Files with get_gfs.pl

Valerio Guerra meteo at SPORT123.IT
Wed Feb 20 11:27:19 EST 2008

> The grib standard allows non-grib data between messages.  NCEP Central Operations knows of this problem with cnvgrib and know it should be fixed.
> As a temporary fix, remove the non-grib data by
> wgrib2 old.grb2 -grib new.grb2

Thank you Wesley, that's a good suggestion.
I never considered that the grib specification allows extra-data between grib messages so your note drives out my fear of possible unpredictable erroros with grib software like Grads and so on.
Thanks again
Valerio Rossi Guerra