GrADS v1.9.0-rc1 for FreeBSD available

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 13 18:27:05 EST 2008

All,

  I have refreshed the FreeBSD binaries to fix an issue wth extensions. The
sources also have now hooks for FreeBSD in "configure".

   I am glad to report that PyGrADS, the Python interface, works on FreeBSD
with this release. I am attaching a sample plot.  Make sure you install from
ports (in this order)

- python 2.5
- numpy
- matplotlib

However, the "basemaps" on ports is old and does not work well. Grab the
sources from

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80706&package_id=142792

and build it yourself.

       Cheers!