Grads V2 Win32

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 11 15:12:44 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 2:33 PM, Marck Oduber <arubawx at setarnet.aw> wrote:

> Just curious when grads v2 win32e would roll-out?
> Linux & Unix users can easily compile cnvrgrb and use the old version
> of grads, but win32 users cant to my knowledge. I hve been using vmware to
> simulate linux on winxp and run cnvgrb, but it slows my pc a lot and is
> cumbersome.

NCO has a version of cnvgrib for Windows:

      http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/codes/GRIB2/

You want to download file cnvgrib.zip. You *may* (as in "I have not tried it
yet") be able to use this within the same environment shipped with the
latest win32_superpack (v1.9.0-rc1). Just unzip cnvgrib.zip  and place file
cnvgrib.exe in the same folder as your grads executables, e.g.,
c:\pcgrads\win32, and give it a go. BTW, this may not work with the previous
v1.8SL11 as that version of win32 grads uses an older cygwin1.dll.

As for a Win32 build of GrADS v2 I'm waiting for COLA's next release before
giving it a try.

     Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva