Installation of EOFGRADS on windows xp for calculation of EOF and PC

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 11 14:39:22 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 5:07 AM, Manish Singh <singhmanish1010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody ;
> I am new user of grads and i have to install eofgrads V0.155 (on windows
> 32 bit)to calculate eof and pc for a data. In that one I can not
> understand where is udft.txt table.

The eofgrads package uses the grads classic UDF mechanism --- you can ignore
the UDXT mechanism. (As far as I know the EOF package has not been ported as
a dynamic UDF.)

> If any body has installed eofgrads V0.155 plz let me know in detail , how
> to install it windows xp.

You will need a fortran compiler on Windows, or someone to have it compiled
for you. Besides commercial compilers,  you should be able to install
gfortran or even g77 with the cygwin environment (http://cygwin.com).

BTW, we have a very easy method for computing EOFS with the Python interface
(PyGrADS). Here is an example:

http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=PyGrADS_Interactive_Shell#Computing_EOFs

 Unfortunately,  I still need a couple of adjustments for it to "work out of
the box" on Windows.  It should work on Linux, Mac OS, though.

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu