GradsDODS

Steven Weiss sweiss at IAFRICA.COM
Fri Feb 8 09:47:10 EST 2008

Hi Arlindo,

I downloaded the latest lats4d.gs and am getting errors. See reults below.

Regards
Steven

1ga-> lats4d -i http://nomad5.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/waves/nww3/nww320080206/n3_18z -o test -vars htsgwsfs -lat -35 -30 -lon 17.5 30 -v -format grads_grib
lats4d: Version 1.7 of 10 May 2006
No hardcopy metafile open
All files closed; all defined objects released
All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
Scanning self-describing file:  http://nomad5.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/waves/nww3/nww320080206/nww3_18z
Found 11 data variables in SDF file.
Found displayable variable dirpwsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable dirswsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable htsgwsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable perpwsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable perswsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable ugrdsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable vgrdsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable wdirsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable windsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable wvdirsfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
Found displayable variable wvpersfc with 0 levels in SDF file.
lats4d: Data file is
File 1 : WAVE_nww3 Global wave model fcst from 18Z06feb2008, downloaded Feb 06 23:11 UTC
  Descriptor: http://nomad5.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/waves/nww3/nww320080206/nww3_18z
  Binary: http://nomad5.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/waves/nww3/nww320080206/nww3_18z
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 288  Ysize = 157  Zsize = 1  Tsize = 61
  Number of Variables = 11
    dirpwsfc 0 -999 ** surface primary wave direction [deg]
    dirswsfc 0 -999 ** surface secondary wave direction [deg]
    htsgwsfc 0 -999 ** surface sig height of wind waves and swell [m]
    perpwsfc 0 -999 ** surface primary wave mean period [s]
    perswsfc 0 -999 ** surface secondary wave mean period [s]
    ugrdsfc 0 -999 ** surface u wind [m/s]
    vgrdsfc 0 -999 ** surface v wind [m/s]
    wdirsfc 0 -999 ** surface wind direction [deg]
    windsfc 0 -999 ** surface wind speed [m/s]
    wvdirsfc 0 -999 ** surface direction of wind waves [deg]
    wvpersfc 0 -999 ** surface mean period of wind waves [s]

lats4d: Dimension environment file same as data file
lats4d: creating LATS PARAMETER TABLE file .grads.lats.table
LATS warning (lats_parmtab): Closing the previously opened Parameter Table: .grads.lats.table
lats4d: time range: 18Z06FEB2008 18Z06FEB2008 by 1, delta t: 3 hourly
lats4d: vertical levels:  0
lats4d: invalid plev 0 for GRIB output
lats4d: using HYBRID level number for vertical coordinate
lats4d: latitudinal  range: -35 -30
lats4d: longitudinal range: 17.5 30
Failure reading SDF data.  #1
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'dirpwsfc'
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = dirpwsfc
lats4d: error creating grads_grib file test.grb