Grads Dods

Steven Weiss sweiss at IAFRICA.COM
Fri Feb 8 08:41:55 EST 2008

Hi,
I am downloading a grib file and processing it through my script. It all
works great. I have since discovered that I can avoid the 34mb download by
using gradsdods and opening up a server url e.g.
http://nomad5.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/waves/nww3/nww320080206/nww3_18z

I can run my script over this successfully however it is painfully slow. I
am retrieving all the variables over 180hr for a specified lat/lon grid point.

A little bit of investigation tells me that I should be downloading a subset
of the data to my local drive i.e. a lat/lon range and running my script
over that instead.

How can I do this? Some examples would be useful.

Regards
Steven