new names for GFS variables as of 00z05feb2008 on COLA GDS

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Wed Feb 6 08:13:18 EST 2008

  ozone       0,200,0          0,14,0     Entire Atmosphere Total
Ozone [Dobson]
  cwat        0,200,0          0,6,6      Entire Atmosphere Cloud
Water [kg/m^2]
  cwork       0,200,0          0,6,193,0  Entire Atmosphere Cloud
Work Function [J/kg]
  ztropfl     0,204,0          0,3,5      Highest Tropospheric
Freezing Level Geopotential Height [gpm]
  rhtropfl    0,204,0          0,1,1      Highest Tropospheric
Freezing Level Relative Humidity [%]
  lcbp        0,212,0          0,3,0,0    Low cloud Bottom Pressure [Pa]
  lctp        0,213,0          0,3,0,0    Low Cloud Top Pressure [Pa]
  mcbp        0,222,0          0,3,0,0    Middle Cloud Bottom
Pressure [Pa]
  mctp        0,223,0          0,3,0,0    Middle Cloud Top Pressure [Pa]
  hcbp        0,232,0          0,3,0,0    High Cloud Bottom Pressure
[Pa]
  hctp        0,233,0          0,3,0,0    High Cloud Top Pressure [Pa]
  ccbp        0,242,0          0,3,0      Convective Cloud Bottom
Pressure [Pa]
  cctp        0,243,0          0,3,0      Convective Cloud Top
Pressure [Pa]
  tcc         0,200,0          0,6,1,0    Entire Atmosphere Total
Cloud Cover [%]
  blcc        0,211,0          0,6,1,0    Boundary Layer Total Cloud
Cover [%]
  lcc         0,214,0          0,6,1,0    Low Cloud Cover [%]
  mcc         0,224,0          0,6,1,0    Middle Cloud Cover [%]
  hcc         0,234,0          0,6,1,0    High Cloud Cover [%]
  ccc         0,244,0          0,6,1      Convective Cloud Cover [%]
  lctt        0,213,0          0,0,0,0    Low Cloud Top Temperature [K]
  mctt        0,223,0          0,0,0,0    Middle Cloud Top
Temperature [K]
  hctt        0,233,0          0,0,0,0    High Cloud Top Temperature [K]

Jennifer

jma at cola.iges.org