Win32 Binaries in v1.9.0-rc1

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Wed Feb 6 00:23:46 EST 2008

Mark,
Thanks for the suggestion, but already tried that (it works fine with 1.8,
and never had a problem with it).
Stephen

Mark Sponsler <msponsler at COMCAST.NET>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
02/05/2008 07:36 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Re: Win32 Binaries in v1.9.0-rc1

Stephen,
That problem occurs in all builds, even 1.8.
To solve it just build a shortcut to the app and save it on your desktop
or in your Program Files folder. Find the executable
(c:/.../PCGrADS/grads),and right click the icon selecting the  'Create
Shortcut' option.  Should work OK when launched from your new shortcut.
--
Thanks,
Mark

From: Stephen R McMillan <smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM>

Arlindo,

I downloaded the grads-1.9.0-rc1.win32_superpack from the website you
listed. I had no problems unzipping it to my c:\pcgrads folder. Although I
can run it in batch mode, I'm having problems getting it to work in
graphics window mode.  I can launch the executable (gradsdods.exe) but the
viewing window just disappears after I respond to the initial prompt for
Landscape mode.

I'm running the application on a Windows XP platform, and it meets or
exceeds all of the systems requirements.

I had no problems using the earlier (1.8sl11) win32e version, which I had
removed to ensure no conflicts between the two. I' m thin king it may be
an anti-virus or firewall issue, although I have both gradsdods.exe and
Xming.exe listed in my "allowed" list.  I found no additional help in your
notes or the Getting Started with Win32 GrADS document. Any suggestions?
Or, perhaps another user encountered a similar problem and has a
resolution he/she might share.

Thanks--
Stephen Mc

Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

01/31/2008 08:09 AM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Re: Win32 Binaries in v1.9.0-rc1

All,

  Based on early user feedback I have made some small adjustments to the
way Win32 GrADS talks to the Xserver which should make it more stable. The
binaries on sf.nethave been refreshed:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161773&package_id=182392

If you have already downloaded the previous version and want a faster
download this time, you can get only the files that have changed from here

    http://opengrads.org/pre-rel/win32
Replace/add these files to folder PCGrADS/win32.

   Let me know if you experience any problems.

       Arlindo