2.0 : WRF netcdf / CTL

Patrick Reuter preuter at LABRI.FR
Sun Feb 3 12:42:19 EST 2008

Dear Jennifer,

it's true that grfill shows me even better that the WRF grid does not
coincide with the GraDS map - but this does unfortunately not solve my
problem.

I think my gridpoints in the WRF netCDF file are not regularly spaced :

     latitude       longitude    WRF grid point
     40.87268,     -6.422363,  // (0,0)
     40.89521,     -6.104095,  // (0,1)
     40.91678,     -5.785553,  // (0,2)
     40.93737,     -5.466827,  // (0,3)
     40.95699,     -5.147858,  // (0,4)
     40.97562,     -4.828705,  // (0,5)
     41.1133,     -6.452942,// (1,0)
     41.13594,    -6.133362, // (1,1)
     41.1576,     -5.813568,// (1,2)
     41.17828,    -5.49353,  // (1,3)
     41.19799,    -5.173309, // (1,4)
     41.21671,    -4.852844, // (1,5)

      51.72408  10.29593;  // (45,47)

Note that the longitude makes a large step and the latitude slightly
changes also when comparing (0,0) to (0,1) (0,2) etc. , and
the latitude makes a large step and the longitude slighlty changes
when comparing (0,0) to (1,0) (2,0) etc.

Is there a possibility to tell GraDS to use this spacing ? Or is there
another way to put a correct GrADS map on my (pre-projected?) grid ? I
thought PDEF would make the trick.

Thanks for any help, I hope I was clear.

Best regards,

    Patrick