2.0 : WRF netcdf / CTL

Patrick Reuter preuter at LABRI.FR
Sat Feb 2 11:38:14 EST 2008

Hi everybody,

thank you for providing GraDS 2.0, it's really cool to open NetCDF
files directly.

However, I have a problem to configure the CTL file correctly for the
lambert projection (I think PDEF is the issue).

Here is my CTL file :

dset ^file.nc
dtype netcdf
undef -888
TITLE WRF Output Grid: Time, bottom_top, south_north, west_east
pdef 48 46 LCCR 46.6 1.1 24.5 23.5 46.6 46.6 1.1 27000 27000
xdef 48 linear -6.422363 0.319
ydef 46 linear  40.87268 0.24
zdef  27 linear 1 1
tdef   2000 linear 29jan2008 30mn
vars 1
LANDMASK=>l     0  t,y,x    landmask
endvars

Here is my namelist.wps to configure the area of interest for my WRF model :

&geogrid
  parent_id         = 1,
  parent_grid_ratio = 1,
  i_parent_start    = 1,
  j_parent_start    = 1,
  e_we          = 49,
  e_sn          = 47,
  geog_data_res = '2m',
  dx = 27000,
  dy = 27000,
  map_proj =  'lambert',
  ref_lat   = 46.6,
  ref_lon   = 1.1,
  truelat1  = 46.6,
  truelat2  = 46.6,
  stand_lon = 1.1,
  geog_data_path = '/mnt/scratch/meteo/geog',
/
  ref_x = 24.5,
  ref_y = 23.5,

Unfortunately, the landmask from the WRF output does not coincide with
the Grads Map - a serious problem for me, evidently !  Please see the
image illustrating my problem (it's only 20KB).

Could anybody tell me if I am in the wrong direction ?

I would appreciate your help. It is so hard to find someone with some
WRF and GrADS experience to talk to.

Have a nice day !
   Patrick