building psichig.exe using pgf90 or g77 FORTRAN compiler

Michael Fiorino Michael.Fiorino at NOAA.GOV
Fri Feb 1 13:11:41 EST 2008

arlindo et al.,

i'm moving away from psichig to your fish opengrads extension in my work.

what i need to do is to add the special treatment for cyclic boundary
conditions in cdiff to your extension before i'd would update at
opengrads.

however, if the user is careful in setting up the call to the poisson
solver and in using the output (e.g., what out for undefined points),
your version works well and is a definite improvement (less dependence
on grid dimension + bug fixes).

so, all you psi/chi people out there, please try fish as i will not be
maintaining the psichig.f code.  thanks arlindo for improving my
original udf and wrapping up as an extenstion -- it's now beetter and
faster.

best /r mike