GrADS on Windows Vista

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 22 15:21:06 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Alfredo Moreira Caseiro Rocha
<alfredo.rocha at ua.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. When I run 'open' on GrADS the error message is:
>
> Unknwon key word in description file
> --> The invalid description file record is:
> --> CDF
> --> The data file was not opened
>
> 2. When I run 'sdfopen' the error message is the one on the attached file.
>
> 3. GrADS runs well with the bundled 'nc' files (model and aero).
>
> My WRF files have been generated on a 64bit pc with linux. Should this be
> the problem? However, I can convert these files to 'vdf' VAPOR files on my
> 32bit laptop.

Are you sure that your netcdf is coards compliant? The error message
suggests that it is not. Perhaps other WRF users in this list can give
you some guidance.

   Arlindo.

--
Arlindo da Silva