GrADS on Windows Vista

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 22 12:49:45 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 4:39 AM, Alfredo Rocha <arocha at fis.ua.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed the Win32 superpack on my laptop with Vista but can´t open
> any netcfd file. GrADS comes up with the following error:
>
> Unknwon key word in description file
> --> The invalid description file record is:
> --> CDF
> --> The data file was not opened

You are not trying to use "open" directly on a netcdf file, are you?

> Strange, since I could tun without problems the same file using the
> bundled 'ncdump' program.

Please send exactly the command you are running. Better yet, I bundle
a couple of sample files in. Try this:

ga-> sdfopen ../data/model.nc
ga-> d ts

and send me the output if that does not work.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu